- No rice, birdseed, confetti or sprinkles are permitted on grounds. Bubbles and sparklers are allowed outside only, with sparklers allowed in designated areas only. Flower petals, Real – are to be used outdoors only and cleaned up immediately after use. Fake – are permitted in doors only and to be cleaned up at the end of your event.
- For purposes of hanging and placing decorations, no tape, pushpins, nails, staples, command strips or adhesives are permitted. Decor is not allowed to be hung from property landscaping and trees. Nothing is permitted on light fixtures!
- All decor brought to Potomac Manor must be free standing unless approved by management.
- Potomac Manor furnishings are not to be moved or relocated on the property without prior approval.
- All candles must be enclosed. No open flame.
- No Fireworks allowed on the premises.
- Sparklers are only allowed in designated areas – in the parking lot at the bottom of the stairs on the East side of the building. Potomac Manor must be notified if sparklers are being used. All sparklers must be extinguished into water buckets and disposed directly into the dumpster. Children must be supervised. A cleaning fee will be applied if sparklers are not disposed of properly.
- Sky lanterns are not allowed at Potomac Manor.
- All trash generated by hosts and guests on Potomac Manor property, including bride and groom suites, must be disposed of in the provided dumpster.
- Decor (including flower petals) must be removed or placed in dumpster.
- Boxes and bottles may not be placed in dumpster but must be removed.
- Spilled liquids and foods should be cleaned up immediately. Please notify your Coordinator should a spill happen anywhere in the premises.
- Rental items for pickup must be placed in designated areas and picked from the premises by the end of your event. If rental items are not off the premises by the end of your event, there will be an additional $500.00 fee charged.
- Only water may be poured on grass/flowers/bushes (not ice water or ice). Other liquids, such as juice, alcohol must be poured down a sink, but candle wax must be disposed of in the trash. Do not dispose of Ice or Ice water in the parking lot!
- Grease/food should not be dumped on the property or grounds – your catering needs to handle this. No food is allowed down the sink, and needs to be correctly disposed of in the trash cans/bags and then out to the dumpster after your event!
- As much as possible, please leave Potomac Manor as you found it. (See Coordinator & Caterer Closing Checklist)
- All food catering must be provided by a licensed caterer. No self catering is allowed! All catering of any food must be provided by an approved licensed catering company. All vendors will be expected to show proof of license and liability insurance 30 days prior to an event.
Overconsumption of alcohol can be an unanticipated problem for our hosts, resulting in circumstances that threaten an event’s success and the loss of the security deposit. As a result, we have the following policies in place:
- Licensed caterers or bar services are the only sources allowed to serve alcohol on Potomac Manor property. Event guests are not allowed to bring alcohol onto Potomac Manor grounds, including parking areas. If outside alcohol is found on the property, a $1,000.00 fine will be assessed per incident.
- Host’s alcohol serving plan must be submitted to Potomac Manor for approval 30 days in advance.
- Alcohol must be served with food in one of the following ways:
- For a maximum of five (5) hours with our in house preferred bar service.
- or for only 3 hours of beer and wine only with any other approved licensed bar service.
- Alcohol service must cease no later than 10:30pm, without exceeding the limits listed above.
- Host must use a licensed, mobile bar service approved by the Site Coordinator.
- DJ’s are aware of volume of announcements and music, these must be at a reasonable level during the event and contained to the boundaries of the property.
- Music must cease at 11:00pm
- Potomac Manor reserves the right to control sound level if the volume would be considered disturbing or disruptive to surrounding residential/business areas.
- Potomac Manor requires DJ selection to be approved by Site Coordinator.
- Children must be supervised at all times by adults. Responsibility for child safety is the responsibility of the parents, guardians and Host. Host agrees to make parents aware of the road traffic in the area.
- Potomac Manor reserves the right to conclude an event at any time if the behavior and actions of the Host, Guests or Vendors would be considered illegal, destructive, disruptive or harmful to the venue or to others.
Maximum occupancy in the Potomac Manor is 200 seated at tables and 300 theatre style (no tables)
- No smoking allowed on Potomac Manor property except in designated ashtrays outside of the building in the East parking lot.
- No unlawful, banned substances allowed on the property.
- Only Certified Service dogs are allowed on property / Comfort Dogs are not considered Service Dogs!
12 Hour Rentals – (Events must be done by 11 pm, facility vacated by midnight)
$1500.00 (12 hours total)
Monday – Thursdays Half Days – (6 hours) 9am to 3pm or 6pm to 12 pm
$750.00 (no weddings/wedding receptions)
All Major Holiday Eves, Holidays and the Day after Holiday (12 hours)
****Additional hours may be purchased at $100.00 per hour (Not to exceed 12 am)
*****Time frames include setup, teardown and cleanup by you or the entity that you have hired.